Because we maintain several different systems for large-volume digital file storage, we can offer flexible, affordable options for both large and small collections or data sets.
Affordable On-Site Storage
- We have high-speed, high-performance disk storage and low-demand tape storage for either short- or long-term basis, or both.
- The USC Digital Repository currently has 40 PB storage capacity on-site, which is being expanded.
- We can store your files on inexpensive high-volume data tapes designed for infrequent file retrieval, or cloud storage, which offers instant access but at a higher cost.
- Access is available for Macintosh, Windows and Linux platforms.
Flexible Cloud Storage
- Through an innovative partnership with EMC, we can offer highly secure and encrypted storage options that are mirrored between multiple locations.
- We can offer iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, HTTPS and many other protocols for rapid file retrieval and interaction with content.
- This is designed specifically to provide archive storage for large files such as HD videos and high-resolution images.
- We can accept archive files from Symantec Net-Backup, Backup Exec, and Comm Vault.
Developing an appropriate preservation plan, plus calculating costs for digitizing, preserving and storing files depends on a number of interrelated factors:
- The type of source material
- The size of the collection
- If metadata needs to be added
- If an asset-management or content-management system is needed
- How the files will be stored
- The need to access the files once they are in storage
This downloadable worksheet will help you get started.