Careful handling and individual solutions by one of the most experienced repositories in the country.
- We can convert many common and unique types of physical and digital source material into a broad range of industry-standard digital formats, including paper documents, books and photographs.
- We are especially experienced with audio and video tapes, but we have equipment capable of digitizing a wide range of common film, audio and video formats.
- For large collections, we can set up a cost-effective, automated encoding process and can automatically extract technical metadata from the files.
- Quality-control monitoring is performed consistently on all encoding projects to assure accurate file creation and reproduction.
- We can collect or create metadata, and catalog your content for a CMS or DAM system.
- We can help you with tools to manage the files and use them for documentation, research and study.
- We have experience managing a wide variety of library collections used by scholars, staff, students and the public for curriculum development, research, student projects and presentations.
- Smaller sets of source materials will receive the same care and expert handling as large collections, using technology tools and a storage plan appropriate to their size and access needs.
- The Digital Repository is in the process of meeting the rigorous management and operational standards to be certified as a trusted digital repository.
Founded in 1994 by Steven Spielberg, the Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation was created to record testimonies of survivors and other witnesses of the Holocaust. The collection became part of USC in 2005.
The Digital Repository is preserving the 52,000 video testimonies recorded on Betacam-SP, which has included digitizing, file management, metadata input, storage, access and scheduled format migrations. The Digital Repository designed efficient systems for mass file conversions, cataloging and indexing large collections, and developed the Visual History Archive, which is the online interface to search and access testimonies.
You can learn more on our website about our quality digitizing services, flexible storage options and secure infrastructure. You can learn how we can provide you or your organization with safe, secure and easy access to your most sensitive data and collections.
You can also give us a call or e-mail us. We’d be happy to answer any questions, and provide you with a customized quote. We are part of the University of Southern California, a respected international research institution established in 1880. We’ll be here as long as you need us.